Tag Archive | "footy news"

Arnie: “This is the best moment so far”

Marko Arnautovic thanked every single Hammers fan for their support this season after the biggest moment of his Hammers career so far. He picked up Hammer of the Year award and said: “I want to thank every single fan who supports West Ham for this award. “It means a lot to me. It was hard for […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Arnie: “This is the best moment so far”

Narrow lead for favourite in CandH manager poll

West Ham fans fancy Rafa Benitez to lead the team next season but only marginally with Bournemouth’s Eddie Howe giving him a real run for his money. ClaretandHugh‘s latest poll has shown that the Spanish boss remains a favourite with the Irons supporters who would see him as the man to revitalise the Hammers squad. […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Narrow lead for favourite in CandH manager poll

Moyes wants fans magic

David Moyes has repeated that the Hammers fans will be absoutely vital in getting the team across the line in the last games of the season. Speaking at Wednesday’s Player Awards, the Scot encouraged West Ham fans to recreate the atmosphere which inspired his team to a 3-0 home victory over Southampton. He said: “On […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Moyes wants fans magic

Rice set for new role under Moyes

Declan Rice looks all set for a change of position next season should David Moyes remain in charge at West Ham. Dec retained his trophy as Young Player of The Year at last night’s Hammers awards which was the perfect boost after his weekend error against Arsenal. But he was once again at the centre […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Rice set for new role under Moyes

Hoping for a young hopefuls final day

I believe we will be safe before the final game against Everton and beyond the relief everybody will be feeling should that be the case such a situation present the Hammers with an academy bonus on the final day. For all David Moyes’ faults – and his negative approach is paramount among that – he […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Hoping for a young hopefuls final day

Report: Hammers join four way scrap for winger

West Ham are tonight claimed to be one of four sides interested in in signing Benfica winger Franco Cervi. I know it’s only The Sun reporting it but they seem pretty well convinced that ourselves, Brighton, Newcastle and Swansea are all tracking the £20million-rated Argentine. Cervi is enjoying a decent season with the Portuguese club […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Report: Hammers join four way scrap for winger

Moyes is singing Hart’s praises

David Moyes appears to be hanging his hat on the belief that Joe Hart is a great goalkeeper. The West Ham manager was talking up the Manchester City loanee after the game which was undoubtedly another top effort from him. Moyes appears to believe he should remain the England No 1 at the World Cup […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Moyes is singing Hart’s praises

Arsenal’s Wenger silent on forced resignation speculation

The veteran manager refused to go into details over his decision to step down from the Gunners bench after more than 20 years in charge

Read the full story

Posted in Goal.comComments Off on Arsenal’s Wenger silent on forced resignation speculation

Hammers get a £28m demand

Inter Milan have told West Ham they want £28 million for loanee Joao Mario. However, the midfielder’s performances have been so patchy there is no chance of the Hammers paying even half of that after he has consistently failed to live up to David Moyes’ expectations. He has made eight appearances in the  scoring once […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Hammers get a £28m demand

Andy Carroll not ready for 90 minutes

David Moyes has admitted that Andy Carroll will struggle to last 90 minutes as he fights for match fitness. Talking to reporters about team news Moyes said: “We have got a few back, Andy Carroll and Manuel Lanzini back. James Collins isn’t ready yet so probably we have got what we have at this moment in time. […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Andy Carroll not ready for 90 minutes

Moyes reckons he has an “inkling” of what’s next

David Moyes has dropped a heavy hint on his future as we prepare to spoil Arsene Wenger’s long goodbye. It would be so West Ham to arrive at the Emirates and upset that home record and another point or three towards the Scot finally clinching the job at the LS. There seems little doubt that […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Moyes reckons he has an “inkling” of what’s next

Director of Football rumpus- Brady got it wrong

As expected there has been another mini controversy surrounding the owners and David Sullivan in particular following the announcement that there was to be no director of football at West Ham. And one of the first things pointed out by those who would prefer to see new owners anyway was that Karren Brady had told […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Director of Football rumpus- Brady got it wrong

Brendan Rodgers rumour wide of mark

West Ham insiders have confirmed that rumours suggesting Celtic’s Brendan Rodgers could be swapping jobs with David Moyes are completely wide of the mark. The report suggested West Ham would not be renewing Moyes contract and would instead make a move for Rogers to replace him this summer. It even suggested out of contract David Moyes could […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Brendan Rodgers rumour wide of mark

COYI – the Gooners have others things on their mind

    By Allen Cummings     There’s no disguising the disappointment at not securing three points on Monday evening but Sunday is another day, and there is every chance we can go to the Emirates and take one point – possibly three. Beaten just twice at home this season by both Manchester clubs, City […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on COYI – the Gooners have others things on their mind

David Moyes receives a vote of confidence

West Ham manager David Moyes has received a vote of confidence from supporters to carry on the job he started last November. A Claret and Hugh poll of 1,390 fans today showed the majority of 62% (862) believes Moyes should be offered a new contract in the Summer with the remaining 38% (528) saying he […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on David Moyes receives a vote of confidence

Parkes: “Yes the young man IS Mooro reborn!”

In his latest exclusive blog for ClaretandHugh Hammers goalkeeping legend Phil Parkes explains exactly how good Declan Rice is and  compares him not only to Bobby Moore but a player who is still recognised as the greatest to step onto a football pitch.   By Phil Parkes I don’t wanna talk about Joe Hart anymore! […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Parkes: “Yes the young man IS Mooro reborn!”

Sullivan keen to “dispel a myth”

David Sullivan has addressed the ‘net spend’ controversy on Hammers transfers  declaring he wants to dispel a myth on the issue. He declares in tonight’s official programme notes: “I want to dispel a myth about our net spending on new players in recent years. There has been claims that our net spend has been next […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Sullivan keen to “dispel a myth”

Hammers get fabulous boost for Stoke clash

The Hammers were given a fabulous boost at lunchtime when Manu Lanzini passed a fitness test for tonight’s clash against Stoke City. The Argentinian playmaker has been out of action since returning from international duty but ClaretandHugh understands learned that he came through his midday test with no repercussions following training. However, manager David Moyes […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Hammers get fabulous boost for Stoke clash

Moyes may have dropped a future Marko hint

David Moyes may have dropped a heavy hint that Mark Arnautovic is a Hammers captain in waiting. It’s been obvious for several months now that the Austrian is leading the way in ability and  character that he could soon be wearing the armband. And , more than any other player perhaps, hr is always ready […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Moyes may have dropped a future Marko hint

Hammers v Stoke: The stats add up to victory

  By Allen Cummings     If only big games were decided by stats and statisticians we wouldn’t be about to put ourselves through what’s sure to be a very tense and possibly at times agonising 90 minutes this evening at the London Stadium. The nerves will be jangling for sure. After all, we’re West […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Hammers v Stoke: The stats add up to victory

‘No fear’ says Stoke boss

Stoke boss Paul Lambert insists there will be no fear from him and his players when they arrive at the London Stadium tomorrow evening. Despite a terrible record which has left them second off bottom with half a dozen wins the Potters boss is taking heart from the recent performance level against Arsenal and Tottenham which […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on ‘No fear’ says Stoke boss

US may prove land of opportunity for Irons striker

Chicharito could  be on his way to the Major Soccer League in America with DC United next season unless David Moyes decides he has a real Hammers future. The Mexican has been linked with a move to the States previously this season as his West Ham career refused to splutter into real life and that […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on US may prove land of opportunity for Irons striker

Moyes’ Chicharito/Arnie moment?

West Ham boss David Moyes looks to have the perfect opportunity to back up his claim that Marko Arnautovic and Chicharito can play together when Stoke City arrive at the LS on Monday evening. Both Manu Lanzini and Andy Carroll face late tests for the game and are therefore only likely to be included on […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Moyes’ Chicharito/Arnie moment?

One hundred years of bubbles

2018 makes the centenary of the debut of the song ‘I’m forever blowing bubbles’ which was first performed in a musical called ‘The Passing show of 1918’ on 25th July 1918 at the Winter Garden Theatre in New York.  The music was written by John Kellette. The lyrics are credited to “Jaan Kenbrovin” — actually a collective pseudonym for […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on One hundred years of bubbles

Irons may entertain summer offers for defender

Aaron Cresswell could be a summer departure should the Hammers receive offers of £15 million plus for the left back. The club has denied that stories of Everton interest which claimed an incredible £25 million move to Goodison could be on the cards but should offers come in during the summer David Moyes will listen. […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on Irons may entertain summer offers for defender

West Ham to earn six more points

Website Euro club index say there is a 57% chance of staying up in the Premier League with 35 points with a 43% chance of going down while 37 points gives clubs a 81% chance of staying up and only 19% chance of relegation. Euro Club index says the Premier League relegation battle is now […]

Read the full story

Posted in ClaretandHughComments Off on West Ham to earn six more points

English Premier League Table

# Team P
1 Tottenham Hotspur 20
2 Liverpool 20
3 Chelsea 18
4 Leicester City 18
5 Southampton 17
6 Everton 16
7 Aston Villa 15
8 West Ham United 14
9 Wolverhampton Wanderers 14
10 Manchester United 13
11 Crystal Palace 13
12 Arsenal 13
13 Manchester City 12
14 Leeds United 11
15 Newcastle United 11
16 Brighton & Hov… 9
17 Burnley 5
18 Fulham 4
19 West Bromwich Albion 3
20 Sheffield United 1

Quick Links

Write for us

Advertise Here

Affordable Sports Advertising here at Up The Hammers

Site Stats

48 West Ham Fan's Online
Most Fan's Online 483, 26th December 2019 @ 2:32 PM
1 West Ham Fan Browsing This Page.
1 Bot